Protecting Against Cyber Attacks Has Become the Highest Priority for SMBs
- 89% of SMBs see cybersecurity as the top or top five priorities in their organization.
- 75% of SMBs agree that there should be more emphasis placed on security in their organization.
- 79% of SMBs are planning to invest more in cybersecurity in the next 12 months.
- 52% of SMBs say that protecting against cyber attacks is one of their organization’s biggest priorities in the next two years.
The Majority of SMBs Are Ill-Prepared to deal with Cyber Attacks on Their Own
- 62% of SMBs lack the skills in-house to deal with security issues.
- 13% of SMBs who do not use an MSP feel confident in all cases that their organization would be able to defend itself during an attack.
- 80% of SMBs are worried that they will be the target of a cyber attack in the next six months.
- 52% of SMBs feel helpless to defend themselves from new forms of cyber attacks.
- 56% of SMBs do not currently have specific cybersecurity experts in their organization.
- SMBs that have suffered a cyber attack report a total business cost of $53,987, on average.
- 64% of SMBs have reported that their organization has suffered a cyber attack.
Cybersecurity is now a must-have for SMBs.
“Underserved and Unprepared: The State of SMB Cyber Security in 2019” VansonBourne